About the Faculty of Civil Engineering

The Institutum Geometricum et Hydrotechnicum, predecessor of the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Technical University of Budapest, was founded by Emperor Joseph II. in 1782. In the past 212 years, thousands of engineers active throughout the world have graduated from this Faculty.



Some internationally known outstanding personalities in the history of the faculty

Many of the staff are members or leaders of international organisations (UNESCO, IAG, IFS, IASS etc.) and/or editorial boards for international journals. Four professors are members of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.

Go back to the Civil Engineering page.