No. 73-75 is the headquarters of the Hungarian State Railway's administration. One of the two copper relieves commemorates the railwaymen who died in the world wars, the other was erected in 1946, the centenary of the Hungarian railways. The avenue then again widens into a circular open place, the Kodály körõnd (Circus), bordered by four mansions with arched façades. We can find here the Archive and Museum in memory of Zoltán Kodály. Under the old plane trees stand four statues: Vak (Blind) Bottyán, an eighteenth-century "kuruc" general of the independence fights of Rákóczi; Miklós Zrínyi, the defender of Szigetvár in 1566; György Szondi, the other legendary hero of the wars against the Turks, and Bálint Balassi, an outstanding lyric poet of the sixteenth century. Of the surrounding buildings, the handsome row of loggias over the double courtyard of Nos. 83,85 and the wrought-iron gate of the building at No. 88 are worth a Iook.
After the Körönd, Andrássy út becomes less closely built up and from Bajza utca onwards the houses are surrounded by gardens: many foreign missions are situated here and it has become the diplomatic district of the capital. At No. 101 are the premises of the Association of Hungarian Journalists and No. 103 houses the Ferenc Hopp Museum of Eastern Asiatic Arts. The capital's most beautiful avenue ends in the artistically composed Hôsök tere.