Guided tours are organised to see the interior. The 27-metre (82 ft.) high hall beneath the dome - which in 1896 saw session of Parliament in honour of the millennium of the Conquest of the country and where today state awards are presented - is decorated all Ground with the coats of arms of the former Hungarian counties. On the heads of the sixteen clustered pillars the statues of Hungarian rulers can be seen. The interior of the building has been symmetrically arranged, because the Hungarian parliament was originally composed of two houses: the rooms were built around the assembly halls of the Upper and Lower Houses- now the Congress Hall and the Assembly Hall respectively - with the Delegation Hall in the centre. Some interesting ornaments of the lobbies are the painted pyroganite statues. The frescoes, paintings and tapestries- The Works of Mihaly Munkácsi, Károly Lotz and Gyula Rudnay, among others - depict scenes from Hungarian history and legends.
The office of the Ministers and the Prime Minister, as well as the Parliament Library, are also to be found in the parliament building. In the hall under the dome a Christmas tree is set up every year for schoolchildren.