In the western wall there is a copy of the King Matthias (mpeg !) statue of Bautzen. In the open courtyard of the southern wing the ground- walls of the one-time monastery can be seen. From the bastion a view opens into the aisle of the one-time chapel, which is the scene of open-air musical performances in summer.
The house at No. 3 Hess András tér was rebuilt in the early eighteenth century on thirteenth-century foundations; in 1760 it housed the Red Hedgehog (Vörös Sün) Inn, as can still be seen on the carved stone inn-sign above the gate. It was here that in the eighteenth century the first theatrical performances in Buda were held. The house at No. 4. facing the hotel was formed by joining together the remains of three fourteenth-century houses.
The first book printed in Hungary, the Chronica Hungarorum, was produced here in 1473 by the printer András Hess. Behind the neo- Classic exteriors of the house, richly decorated Gothic niches with seats, door frames and barrel-vaulted halls were revealed after the Second World War. Today it houses the Fortuna restaurant, a visitor to which finds himself in authentic medieval surroundings. In the centre of the square stands a statue of Pope Innocent XI, erected in memory of the pontiff's appeal in 1686 for a Christian league to liberate Buda.