Statues of Roosevelt tér
Two statues stand in the centre of Roosevelt tér; the slanting figure
represents Count István Széchenyi, the sitting one Ferenc Deák, one of the
great figures of
nineteenth-century Hungarian liberalism. To the north the
square is closed in by the neo-Renaissance palace of
the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, built in 1862-64, founded in 1825 on the initiative of István
Széchenyi. From Roosevelt tér Dorottya utca leads us to Vörösmarty tér.